Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pushing Past

I ran my 2nd 5K this past weekend. I came in under 30 minutes.What an accomplishment. I started training today for a 10K in July. Actually, I did really well. I ran over 5 miles today-most ever- in one continuous run.

The thing that is most amazing about this journey is the knowledge that I am gaining about myself. What started off as a "weight loss - get in shape" activity has become a challenge to see what this body is actually capable of.

Last year, I would have laughed if you told me I would be running races. Oh, I had my lofty ambitions and dreams but meanwhile, I still sat more than I ran....

I came out of the gym today (rain prevented an outdoor run) and was amazed that after running an hour, I still had the energy to "sprint" through the rain to get to my car. Wow.

I am reminded of something that Christopher Robin once told Pooh Bear (yes, I have a 3 year old!!). C.R. told Pooh,

"You are braver than you believe.

You are stronger than you seem.

You are smarter than you think."

Personally, I think this is good advice and encouragement.

Selah!

No comments:

Green Pastures...

Green Pastures...