Monday, September 10, 2007

All there...

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt of any situation you believe to be the will of God." ~ Jim Elliot

So often I am guilty of falling into the trap of running after my "to do" list... I get to the end of the day and find that my list only got longer.

In the process of chasing my list, I missed all the opportunities that the day presented to me: reading a book to my daughter, laughing at the antics of a friend, taking a phone call from my mom because "I didn't have time", cooking a meal and sitting down to eat with my husband, lounging in my comfy chair for 5 minutes after running errands all afternoon.

I missed the little things that make life precious in the pursuit of accomplishing the mundane.

No comments:

Green Pastures...

Green Pastures...