Tuesday, October 18, 2011

every day life

 While craziness ensues around me, I will do my best to shoot out an update!! Natalia and Kennedy are at the table in the kitchen with me coloring with stamp markers while Tristan is at the dining room table taking an English test. Third grade is a bit more challenging for her and so it take more time on both her end and more involvement on mine. Last year, she breezed through 2nd grade with little instruction or oversight on my part. This year, as I correct her work, there are often many concepts that she didn't get on her own and so we are going back and re-learning things. Homeschooling definitely has a learning curve and with the addition of another one, the balancing act never ends. It is always something isn't it? Last year was working in the office, this year another baby. Clay is in and out of the house these days which give all of us a chance to see him during the day.
Clay and I took the Meyers-Briggs personality testing 2 weeks ago. Guess what? Opposites attract. Clay and I scored opposite on 4 out of 4 personality traits. No wonder we are seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum--WE ARE!! God has a sense of humor. We have "survived" almost 5 years!! Can you believe it has been that long? Next month.
The girls started ballet last month. I will have to post pictures!! They are loving it! Kennedy also started piano lessons. She is playing "the wheels on the bus" at the moment, over and over and over!!! But she loves it. She is such a little performer!!!

I have started running again. SLOWLY! I ran 2 miles on Monday and thought I was dying!! Physically, I was fine but mentally, I hated every moment. The sad thing is that I was so busy comparing myself to 2 years ago when 5 miles was "nothing", I couldn't see my accomplishment. I haven't run consistently for over 2 years but still managed to pull out 2 miles on my first run back!! Ugh! How we beat ourselves up or want instant change. I am carrying extra pounds from Justus and that doesn't feel good either and so that plays into it. Today I ran for 24 minutes without stopping.... and I am determined to be proud of that!!! Yeah, Me!

Our church started an AWANA's program this year and both girls are involved in that. It is a great program that give badges for scripture memory. I love it!! Clay takes them to that and so it gives him something to do with the girls on a weekly basis.

Well, baby needs to nurse and the girls are starting to get restless so I will close.

No comments:

Green Pastures...

Green Pastures...