I once heard that "proof of desire is in the pursuit." I have to say that this is true. How often do we find ourselves in the middle of something that is completely above and beyond what is in our strength to accomplish and yet, we do it? We accomplish this thing that is so much bigger than us. It is our almost primal desire for this thing that causes us to pursue with such a hunger that we refuse to be denied. I feel that way about school at the moment. Three weeks left of classes and a billion things to accomplish...yet, I will get everything done because I so desperately hunger after good grades and obtaining this education. It is amazing to see to what extent we will pursue something that we truly desire.
On the other hand, it is interesting to see the issues of the heart come forth when we look at where and what we spend our time pursuing. The biggest thing for me recently has been relieving the stress through computer games. Then I have to stop and think, 'what am I accomplishing and do I really what to pursue this?' Oftentimes, the answer is no. There are so many other more healthy avenues to release stress. So, let us put that "pursuit to relieve stress" in a healthy context. I am now training to run a 5K. In addition to relieving stress, it also is getting me out of my sitting position and into a healthier lifestyle.
Anyhow... my thoughts for today. "The proof of desire is in the Pursuit." What I truly desire will be pursued!
No comments:
Post a Comment