Well, it is official... only three more weeks of classes. Then I have three of four finals on the same day (May 8th). I am saying prayers!!! About this time of the semester, my blood pressure tries to go off the chart. I don't know why I get so stressed but I do. I do my best and that should be enough, right? How many times is our best NOT enough because others are expecting more? Or even worse, how come despite our best efforts, we are not pleased with ourselves? I think it is a case of comparisons. You know, sometimes, I feel that I live in a backwards world. When I should have compassion on others and try to be merciful rather than judge, I do not do so well. But when it comes to achievements, I compare myself to others WAY to much. Why should someone else set the bar for what I "should" achieve? If I do my best and apply myself, that is the best that I can do...nothing more and nothing less.
If I could ever truly get a hold of that and make it mine, I think that my life would be so much easier. I am my worst critic... I wish I was easier on myself. Maybe that should be my "new year's resolution" that I never made.
"This year, I will be satisfied with my best. Whatever the outcome, if I am faithful to do my best, I will accept that as good enough!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment