Monday, April 10, 2006

Dolls, animals and other small things...

I came home after school to clean my house before students come over; I teach piano. It was as if I had never seen my house before. I walked in and my living area has been taking over by a two year and there are toys all over the floor. How did that happen? Did munchins invade my home while I was at school and leave a mess behind them? No, the sad thing is that it was probably like that all weekend and it wasn't until someone was coming over that I "saw" the tornado that had ripped through my house.
It is interesting how we walk through life and everything is pretty much going along "ho-hum" and then something happens that causes us to see our life from a totally different perspective. I had been tripping (or creatively stepping over) toys the whole weekend. It was not until someone was going to enter this little world that I began to look at it through their eyes. It is okay in my eyes to have toys strewn about the house but for someone walking in, they would probably be appalled. They would have seen my house in one brief moment rather than looking at it over the course of a day, in which toys get picked up every 5 minutes. It was a thought provoking moment for me to stop and wonder how many times I judge other people on seeing them in one split second without ever taking the time to look at them in relation to their whole "day" or life situation.
Things that make you say "Selah..."

No comments:

Green Pastures...

Green Pastures...